Artist Guidelines for
Sylvan Circle Tour 2015
Want to add your name to our mailing list (or remove it)? Here's how.
Applications to Sylvan Circle Tour 2015 must be postmarked or submitted online by midnight, April 1, 2015.
1. All pieces must be recent work of the exhibitor.
2. Neither work made from purchased kits, nor the use of decals, will be permitted.
3. No resale items or discounted items are allowed.
4. Work must be an original design of the exhibitor, or follow traditional patterns, or be a skillful adaptation of a published pattern. The Committee will screen out work which does not meet standards of originality.
5. No food items may be sold by the exhibitor.
6. You are only allowed to exhibit work that has been listed on this application and approved by the selection committee. For the purpose of selection, you must provide 3 examples of your work for each medium to be sold (2 media maximum). These examples should best represent the work to be exhibited.
7. Artists must be present to interact with the public during the show.
8. Work of artists selected for the tour will be photographed and published in this year's brochure and on the website.
All samples of artwork must be delivered to the Echo Bay Community Hall, 257 Church St., Echo Bay, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Saturday, April 11, 2015. Contact any of the Sylvan Circle Committee members prior to this date to make alternate delivery arrangements or to discuss submission of digital images in lieu of actual pieces. Submission of digital images is discouraged as applicants might not have their work selected due to poor quality images.
All submitted pieces must be picked up from the Echo Bay Community Hall on Sunday, April 12, 2015 between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Unless alternate arrangements are made, any items not picked up on this date will be returned at the artist’s expense.
Every year the Sylvan Circle Tour accepts a few emerging artists (under 30 and have never participated in a juried show). Please click here for information.
SHOW DISPLAY SET-UP
If possible, each entrant will be allocated a minimum space equivalent to 10' x 10' including a table and 1 chair. All exhibits must be set up by 8:30 a.m. and may not be dismantled until after 5:00 p.m. on September 19, 2015. Most show locations will be available for set up the day prior to the show. Hall monitors will contact you to schedule set up times and discuss any individual needs.
Display tables must be covered with clean, ironed, solid coloured fabric to within one inch of the floor. Stored items such as boxes and extra inventory must be placed under the tables and thus out of sight. More requirements and suggestions for displays are available in our Artist Display Guide.
On the day of the tour, artists will be asked by hall monitors to remove any artwork that does not comply with Tour criteria.
Non-compliance to these terms and conditions will result in being excluded from future shows.
ENTRY FEE and NON-REFUNDABLE SELECTION FEE
There is a one hundred dollar ($100.00) Entry Fee and a separate, non-refundable ten dollar ($10.00) Selection Fee. Acceptance e-mails/letters will be sent out to applicants in late April.
Those not selected will have their $100 Entry Fee cheque returned, or in the case of online payments will receive a refund cheque for $100.
Cancellations prior to June 20, 2015 will result in a $75.00 refund. No refunds will be provided after this date.
An NSF cheque will result in a fifty dollar ($50.00) administrative fee as well as disqualification from this event.
To apply online or print a form to apply by mail click here.
SYLVAN CIRCLE COMMITTEE